Joint controllership comes about when many independent entities decide to use the same data at the same time. Examples include building joint infrastructure, using the same database or the same SaaS solution or even operating a joint website.
With processing on behalf of a controller, a service provider helps the controller to process the relevant data for the controller’s purpose. The service provider itself has no purpose for processing the data but merely renders the service as promised.
In a joint controllership, both parties have their own, but not necessarily different, purposes for processing the data. An example would be when one party covers support while the other handles marketing and both avail themselves of the same CRM system. Mixed scenarios are also possible, such as when the CRM from the previous example is operated or administered by one party and set up by the other.
Please note the following guidelines regarding the service scope for generating a joint controller agreement:
- You will have access to the interactive agreement generator for 24 hours after purchase through your user account in the activeMind.shop. We will send you specific instructions via email immediately after your purchase.
- You can use the generator as often as you like during your product’s validity period. Please note the rights of use and disclaimer found in our general terms and conditions (T&C).
- Create an agreement using our template generator through step by step instruction, which is always visible alongside the generator.
- There is no verification of the accuracy of the entered data. The accuracy of all entered data is to be verified by the user. The assistance is so intuitive that it requires no additional verification.
- After you’ve finished entering your data, you can download the resulting MS Word document or copy it to the clipboard to insert it in the application of your choice.
- To protect your data, we will not store the resulting text on our server. As soon as you close the page or your web browser or your session ends, you must enter your data again.